Pigmented lesions are hypermelanocytic areas (dark parches or moles) typically induced by sun exposure, the natural ageing process or congenital factors. Pigmented lesions vary widely in size, shape and depth. They can be either raised or flat and are usually a cosmetic rather than a medical concern. Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) which targets the melanin is effective in treating benign lesions and clearing them.
What Is IPL?
Intense Pulsed Light (abbreviated IPL) describes the use of intense pulses of non-coherent light distributed over a range of wavelengths; from 400nm to 1200nm. The technology utilises specific wavelength ranges to target various chromophores in the skin. This enables effective treatment of a broad spectrum of conditions, including vascular and pigmented lesions, skin photo-ageing treatments and hair removal.
The IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) technology allows treatment of pigmentation and vascular imperfections, while improving overall skin appearance. IPL with Optimal Pulse Technology (OPT™) enables your clinician to safely customise the treatment according to your skin type and desired results. Light pulses penetrate the tissue and create heat, targeting the skin imperfection in a controlled manner. The body’s natural process then removes the treated tissue, while collagen and elastic fibre stimulation occurs, resulting in a visible improvement in skin tone and overall appearance.
To ensure utmost comfort, your physician should apply cold coupling gel on the treatment area. Depending on your specific concern, you can expect the session to last 15-30 minutes. You may experience a warm sensation as the light is applied to the skin, but the treatment is gentle and should not feel uncomfortable.
The advantage of IPL Pigmentation treatment
- Optimal treatment safety and efficacy using Optimal Pulse Technology (OPT™) and Multiple Sequential Pulsing (MSP™) which facilitate achieving the desired clinical results with enhanced patient comfort.
- By adjusted the filter and the wavelength we can target the unwanted chromophores in the skin without affecting surrounding skin.
- Usually only 2-4 treatments required
- Special cooling technique minimize the damage and discomfort.
When will I see results?
The Lumenis® Optima™ IPL treatment works with your skin to remove your imperfections and stimulate collagen and elastic fibre production over a sequence of treatments. Some skin concerns such as shallow pigmentation and age/ sun spots may be cleared with as few as 1-2 treatments. Typically, 2-6 sessions with 2-4 weeks in between are needed to achieve optimal results for most skin concerns.
What can I expect after treatment?
Immediately following treatment, you may experience some redness, depending on your customised treatment settings. The redness will usually disappear within a few hours. In most cases, makeup may be immediately applied, and daily activities can be resumed the very same day. We advise to stay out of direct sun for a few days following the treatment and to apply sun screen.
|1 treatment||3 treatment ( 1 course )|
Depends on treatment
No. of treatments
Why choose us
- Performed by fully qualified doctors and Aesthetic nurse
- Highest client care
- Advance Technology
- Private and Secure environments
- Multiple language service
- Late hour appointments
- Full insurance
- We are open 7 days a week. We provide free first time consultation, a second consultation from £60 per hour with a doctor or £30 with an aesthetic nurse.
- Booking is required depending on availability.
- We charge £50 deposit for certain treatments and late hour appointments.
- Special offer available for multiple treatments
What do our client say?
I have pigmentation on my face since I was young, unable to get rid of it with any whitening serum or chemical peel. Dr. Chen made it much lighter after two treatments, can't really see it now without close look. For sure Dr. Chen can get rid of it at no time. Thank you Dr. Chen!Charlotte
Good machine with good result, no downtime, I was able to wear makeup and go back to work after lunch break. Amazing!Anna
M22 is a really nice machine which I can feel my freckles are getting much lighter than before! God work RA Clinic!Esther